Bill Blogsmith

Q. What is the chief end of man? A. Man's chief end is to glorify God, and enjoy him forever. Q. What is thy only comfort in life and death? A. That I with body and soul, both in life and death, am not my own, but belong unto my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ

My Photo
Name:

I write and illustrate, live in Oregon, love God and my family, and that's about all anyone really needs to know.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

WOMEN IN THE BIBLE

AS time goes on I'll be posting the chapters of a study book I'm working on about the women of the Bible. It is my contention that God has a very special place for women in history, a different way of treating and approaching women than men, and that study will teach us a lot about what women ought to be like and how men should behave. There are other studies and books written about women but they either are simplistic, theologically questionable, or are grossly inventive, coming up with all manner of supposition that is not in scripture. I wanted to stick as closely to scripture as possible and draw all the lessons out I could for each example.

I have several dozen chapters planned, but only two and a half written so far. The first are about Eve, naturally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home