Bill Blogsmith

Q. What is the chief end of man? A. Man's chief end is to glorify God, and enjoy him forever. Q. What is thy only comfort in life and death? A. That I with body and soul, both in life and death, am not my own, but belong unto my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ

My Photo
Name:

I write and illustrate, live in Oregon, love God and my family, and that's about all anyone really needs to know.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

RETURN EXPLAINED

AS a layman and a church member, I cannot claim the high levels of academic degrees and training that most writers can. In fact, there are times as I type on my blogs that I am filled with a dread of appearing arrogant, or at least stepping beyond my proper place, but I am confident in my Lord and in His truth, whether I am able to properly understand it or even express this truth in print. I offer this more in a hope of stimulating discussion and further understanding of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ than to teach anyone.

The following is an article about eschatology, an attempt to understand prophecy and coming days at the return of Jesus Christ in light of scripture and focusing on the thesis of my theology: Christ is the center of the Bible. As Jesus Christ is the perfect revelation of God and I believe the center of history and main focus of scripture, we cannot understand His ultimate return in glory without a study in and through Jesus Christ and His teachings.

Much of what I offer here I learned in pieces from the Australian Forum, a seminar series in the 1970s by Geoffrey Paxton and Robert Brinsmead. Their best material is available still thanks to the efforts of some good folks on the internet and can be found online.

This article is an attempt to avoid the errors that we encounter in prophecy, to answer the fantastical dispensationalism of the popular Left Behind series, and to try to express a more Biblical theology of the future. At some point, I'd love to see it published, that's in God's hands.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dianna said...

Well done good and faithful. Evenso...come quickly, Lord Jesus!
Many blessings.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home